Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Creepy Cute: Kawaii Bats

One of the biggest trends in the world of kawaii at the moment is creepy cute! Which can mean any sort of cute thing that has a creepy element to it such as spikes, eyeballs, bones, bats, or any other campy spooky thing done up in a rainbow of pastels. My personal favorite creepy cute motif is the bat! Luckily tons of other people love cute bats too because there are lots of places to shop for adorable sparkly pastel bats to add to pretty much any outfit.

glittery bat hair clip from nerdy little secrets
From Nerdy Little Secrets on Etsy
Creepy cute fake nails with bats and eyeballs by kawaii claws
From Kawaii Claws on Etsy
Blue glittery bat necklace from Rara's Jewels
From Rara's Jewels on Etsy

Flying bat necklace from Cute Parade
From Cute Parade on Etsy
The thing I love best about all these pastel bat accessories is that you can pretty much find any accessory or clothing item with bats on them! From hair accessories to fake nails to jewelry. There's even clothes!
Fluffy bat sweater from Magic Circle Clothing
From Magic Circle on Etsy
I love cute pastel bats so much that I've even added them to a pair of tights I offer in my own shop! I really hope to make more bat themed tights in the future too, but for now I have different color options of this one particular pair.
Ophanim pastel bat tights
From my own shop, Ophanim.
I absolutely love the fact that you could potentially wear bats from your head to your toes! I also love how, despite the fact that bat shapes are generally pretty universal, and there's only so many different pastel colors, so many people have come up with so many unique takes on such a simple design!


2 comments: